Summer Camp Frequently Asked Question

  • Do I need a physical or a doctor's signature to attend camp?

    No. You do not need a physical to attend camp. You do need to complete a Health Form for every camper attending camp. This is labeled FORM 1. FORM 2 is not longer needed.

  • Where can I find a packing list?

    A packing list can be found in the confirmation materials you receive after you register. You can also download a Parent's Guide from our Forms Page.

  • May I call my child or can my child call me during the camp week?

    Calls home can be very disruptive for a cabin group and take away from the true camp experience for all campers. Cell phones are NOT allowed. The single biggest reason that the camp experience is so intense and transformational is that campers "unplug" and focus on the people and natural world around them. For this reason, campers do not call home during the camp week. If it is important to talk to your child during the camp week, or you have questions/concerns about this policy, please contact the Camping Office to discuss this and make a plan for your child. Kirchenwald-(717)964-3121 / Nawakwa-(717)677-8211

  • Can I email my child and/or can my child email me?

    Campers love to get mail. Please send emails to or with your camper's full name and the counselor's name in the subject line. Campers do not have access to a computer to reply to emails.

  • What about mail through the US Postal Service?

    Send postal mail to the camp your child is attending. Kirchenwald: 1 Cut Off Road, Lebanon, PA 17042  Nawakwa: PO Box 459, Arendtsville, PA 17303.

    Please include camper's full name and counselor's name in address. PLEASE DO NOT send care packages containing food or candy...the Camp Director will eat it! (It may also attract other pests.)

  • What is the Cancellation Policy?

    Fees will be refunded for emergency or medical reasons only.

  • What if my family can not afford the full camp fee?

    Campership application are available for those whose families cannot afford the full camp fee. Campership applications can be downloaded from the Forms Page. Money is sometimes available through your congregation. Check with your Pastor or church office.

  • How should I make out the check?

    Check can be made out to the Camp you are attending (Kirchenwald or Nawakwa) or to The Lutheran Camping Corporation